Thursday, May 17, 2007

Got the other sheer stringer on

...last night. Took all evening. Fiddly stuff. The deck-shelf stringers should be easier. Must stop telegraphese. (Only you can stop telegraphese. You can make a difference. Send money now!)

Good heavens, the avifauna at Wavey Creek! Hummingbirds, finches, doves, a zillion species of sparrow (well, it seems that way, anyway), blackbirds, cowbirds, woodpeckers, wood ducks and mergansers, to name but a few. No orioles this year or last, though, after a few years with dozens of them. Makes you wonder what's going on with their habitat, down south a ways.

1 comment:

Nightfall said...

You know what I've been seeing a lot of lately? Grackles. I'd never seen a grackle until one of my coworkers described one so I could tell her what it was, and now they're everywhere. That reminds me -- note to self, look up spiritual significance of grackle...